16 TRUE THINGS ABOUT PHIL PUTNAM
1. I’m an American singer/songwriter and recording artist who sounds a lot like Elton John, Ben Folds, and Sara Bareilles.
2. I was born/raised in Sacramento, CA, and have lived in New York City since 2008.
3. I have written and released 8 albums, and am about to release my 9th.
4. Yep, I’m gay.
5. I taught myself to play piano and write songs when I was 18.
6. I’m writing a musical called “More Than This” with my friends Drew Rosene and Alan Winner. It’s about a painter who has Tourette’s Syndrome.
7. I have Tourette’s Syndrome.
8. I have a relationship with ice cream. This is not hyperbole.
9. I watch DVD episodes of The West Wing, Studio 60, Friends, Damages, Gilmore Girls, Alias, and 30 Rock repeatedly, and with great joy.
11. 95% of my songwriting happens in my head before I even touch the piano.
12. I am a terrible sleeper.
13. I am extremely productive at night.
14. I HATE wasting time.
15. I almost always arrive early to everything.
16. I end up wasting a lot of time by arriving early to almost everything.